- Schedule of Classes - June 26, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 26, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
A solid introduction to the entrepreneurial process to students in engineering. The main objective is to identify and to begin to develop skills in the engineering work that occurs in high-growth, high-tech ventures. Basic engineering management issues, including the entrepreneurial perspective, opportunity recognition and evaluation, and gathering and managing resources are covered. The fundamentals of supply and demand and other basic microeconomic terms are covered. Technical topics such as the engineering design process, product realization, and technology forecasting are discussed.
When Offered Fall.
- Students will be able to define and describe business terms and have knowledge of basic marketing terms, marketing procedures, and issues involved in starting a business.
- Students will define terms and be familiar with the general attributes of various funding sources.
- Students will calculate simple financial numbers, such as gross margin, net income, and cost of goods sold.
- Students will demonstrate familiarity with the basics of intellectual property terminology and laws in the USA.
- Students will be familiar with the basics of microeconomics, such as supply and demand, externalities, and competition.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF To Be Assigned
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: