- Schedule of Classes - December 1, 2022 7:31PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 1, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Students will learn method and theory on museum design and curation. The course also provides hands-on experience in designing and building exhibits for State Parks in the Finger Lakes. For the outreach component, students will work with staff from State Parks and Friends of the Parks.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (CA-AG, HA-AG)
- Integration of Writing, Visual Representation and/or Speaking/Design Presentation Skills. The five museum evaluations and the exhibit text will measure the students writing skills. The public presentations of their exhibit designs will measure their visual representation and speaking skills.
- Develop Knowledge of and Ability to work with sister Disciplines. The museum class introduces the students to archaeology, cultural landscape, history, art history, and museum studies. The trips to diverse museums and the evaluations of five museum exhibits measures the students' understanding of the role of other disciplines in museum design.
- Ability to engage the landscape as a space of community and culture. The work on a permanent outdoor museum exhibit measures the ability of the students to engage this landscape in a state park as a space that is both a cultural landscape and an active recreation area for both the local community and for tourists from around the state and region.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow students and community members. The students work on both the indoor and outdoor exhibits as members of teams. Their work will be a measure of their success in collaborative endeavors.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW McGraw Hall B65
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: