- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course is an interdisciplinary course where one can apply what they have learned in hospitality development & design, marketing, real estate and operations, to envision a hotel concept, or brand story, and fully develop it with a team to understand how this concept informs site selection, program, design, and operational procedures.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Intended for: NSHA students. Non-NSHA students must obtain written permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: HADM 7510.
Satisfies Requirement Elective.Outcomes
- Foster an in-depth understanding of the hotel real estate development process with an emphasis on the "Concept Phase" and how decisions in the front-end impact future phases in the process.
- Understand how branding, design and operations inform each other to deliver a seamless experience for the guest.
- Understand the sequential nature of the development of a hospitality brand and learn how to apply a brand vision as a filter for all decisions throughout the development process.
- Understand the role of each professional in the development of a new hotel concept including developer, architect/designer, marketing/branding professional, and operator.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HADM 4515
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Statler Hall 278
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: HADM 7510. Undergraduate students must enroll in HADM 4515. Permission of instructor required to enroll. The last day to drop this course is August 31, 2022.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.