- Schedule of Classes - March 22, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 22, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The Global Development Cornerstone aims to create an intellectual community among Global Development students, and to assist with transitioning to, or from within, Cornell University. This course will offer opportunities for interaction and intellectual exploration with a cross-section of faculty, staff, and alumni in an effort to establish supportive and cooperative relationships. In addition, it will foster exploration into personal identity in the context of career exploration and introduce the breadth of activities and resources available to achieve a balance between academic, extracurricular, and interpersonal activities during their time in the major.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Intended for: all new GDEV majors.
- Describe what they can learn and experience in the Global Development Major.
- Describe the range of careers that Global Development can prepare them for.
- Construct a solid learning community with your academic peers.
- Identify your leadership and collaboration skills.
- Practice and apply your understanding of academic etiquette.
- Locate special programs available to you, such as internships, service-learning opportunities, student research, and student organizations.
- In appropriate situations, consider that some of the norms and practices one espouses and treats as "universal" might actually be culturally dependent.
- Explain Ezra Cornell's goal to "Found an institution where any person can find instruction in any study" by learning about opportunities for future Cornell classes within and outside the major.
- Communicate their portfolio of learning to others.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F Emerson Hall 135
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Section intended for first-year students and transfer students in Global Development (Fall 2022).
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: