- Schedule of Classes - July 4, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 4, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Field trips, vineyard and winery work provide opportunities for application of knowledge gained in Grapes to Wines lecture course. Students will produce a wine, from grape harvest determination to cold stabilization. Some winery activities between laboratory sessions plus a two-day field trip expected.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Viticulture and Enology majors and minors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FDSC 1105/VIEN 1105. Prerequisite or Corequisite: VIEN 2204.
- Demonstrate wine analytical techniques.
- Identify different grapevine species and cultivars in the vineyard.
- Assess fruit ripening and make good decisions about harvest time.
- Explain each step in winemaking process, including typical procedures used and the scientific rationale for choosing a particular technique from alternatives at each step.
- Produce wines from grape harvest to cold stabilized products.
- Demonstrate wine flavor evaluation and appreciation techniques.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- W Stocking Hall 202
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: VIEN 1104, Chemistry, Biology. Corequisite: VIEN 2204/5204.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: