- Schedule of Classes - June 29, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 29, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Explores the application of science and technology to foods. Lectures elucidate the role of engineering, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, nutrition, toxicology, and microbiology in supplying the world with safe and nutritious food. An overview of food science as a discipline and career choice is given. A laboratory exercise in food development is undertaken.
When Offered Fall.
- Identify and describe the subdisciplines of food science, and the importance of interdisciplinary interaction in the food industry and academia.
- Identify and describe basic concepts in Food Science.
- Explain how commercial ice cream is made.
- Be able to explain basic ingredient functionality in the context of ice cream formulation and production.
- Evaluate how foods and Food Science have an impact on our everyday lives.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Stocking Hall 146
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: