- Schedule of Classes - December 5, 2022 7:30PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 5, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This class will help you engineer your life to get the most out of your undergraduate experience now while building foundational professional skills for the future. Meetings with an assigned engineering alumni mentor-coach will expand your network and give you a window into the non-technical aspects of the practice of engineering. Class sessions provide tools for strategic decision-making about the many opportunities you have at Cornell to develop teamwork, leadership, and related skills. Through COMPASS, you will gain a clear sense of your values, interests, strengths, and areas for development as well as a plan for the remainder of your Cornell experience.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ENGRG 1050 or permission of instructor.
- Identify non-technical skills required of professional engineers and create a 2- to 3-year plan to develop them through curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Apply various decision tools to make intentional choices about which personal and professional activities to commit to.
- Develop professional skills of networking, timeliness, being accountable, and developing positive mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrate effective professional writing and self-presentation skills.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Phillips Hall 203
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: