- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This is a senior-level course in information networking with an emphasis on wireless technology. Examples of topics include: 5G cellular, the latest WiFi standards, Bluetooth, routing and switching, congestion control, network security, and user privacy. Though the focus will be on communication networking technologies, downstream legal and social issues that arise from design decisions will be discussed.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECE 3100.
- Knowledge and understanding of how modern cellular technology, the Internet and other prominent technologies reached their current form.
- Ability to understand and analyze basic important algorithms in the Internet, such as congestion control and shortest path routing.
- Be able to understand the challenges that come with designing wireless networks and the tradeoff of corresponding solutions.
- Understand the limitation of current wired and wireless architectures. Be able to perform related analysis and design, and to predict future emphases as these technologies evolve.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ECE 5660
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Thurston Hall 203
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Department Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.