- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course allows the students to attend the negotiations taking place at the at the annual Conference of the Parties (COP) for United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) as part of Cornell's delegation. The course will enable Cornell students to participate in global, engaged learning at the most significant annual meeting of the U.N. on climate change; and make a vital contribution to their academic studies and decisions about future work in international environmental affairs. Teams of students will work with partner organizations representing developing countries, non-governmental organizations, and international organizations to help them prepare for the COP.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Field trip fee: approximately $3000.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Corequisite: EAS 4443.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL)
- Describe the basics of climate change science and the technical, scientific, economic and political challenges and opportunities that solving climate change represents Understand the diverse perspectives from a cultural, political, scientific and economic view of the problem and solutions of climate change to develop intercultural competence
- Explain the global climate change negotiations process, and articulate different viewpoints and north/south perspectives on the politically charged topics associated with climate change
- Evaluate future developments in light of the complex political and ethical issues behind climate negotiations
- Gain skills in personal reflection, partnership development and project work
- Develop intercultural competence by working with diverse peers and partners
- Develop professional skills working and communicating with international partners
Seven Week - Second. Combined with: EAS 5447
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Other International
- Oct 12 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
One week of conference attendance is required. Conference attendance dates are to be determined. Attendees will travel to the Africa the Saturday before conference attendance and will return one week later.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.