- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
An introduction to process control applications including representation of control loops, description of different types of measurement devices, control valve selection and sizing, process control strategies for various unit operations, control of batch processes, dynamic response of process systems as it relates to control loop tuning, statistical process control, advanced process control methods both for chemical and biological processes, introduction to programmable logic controllers and process automation and distributed control systems.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students or permission of instructor.
- Understanding of the concept of developing process control objectives based upon the requirements of the process. (c,e,k)
- Understanding the concept of how to develop process control strategies to achieve process control objectives. (c,e,k)
- Awareness of the type and functionality of process instruments and how they are used to construct a process control loop. (e)
- Awareness of preferred strategies for the control of different unit operations. (e)
- Awareness of the techniques of Statistical Process Control and how SPC is used to evaluate process control system performance. (e)
- Awareness of types of supervisory and advanced process control and how they might best be applied to an particular process. (e,k)
- Develop team working skills through group solution of homework problems and take home exams. (d,g)
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Olin Hall 145
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: MEng students or permission of instructor
Disabled for this roster.