- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The goal of this course is to survey renewable energy technologies and systems, primarily focusing on solar and wind as physically the largest renewable energy sources available to society, and considering hydropower, biomass, and geothermal energy as well. The course explains calculations to support capacity, efficiency, and productivity of renewable energy. Cost and economics of renewables are explored as well, along with the connection to U.S. and global climate and energy policy. Homework assignments completed during the semester culminate in an individual renewable energy research project in line with the student's interests.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CEE 3310 or equivalent or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
Comments Engineering students must take the course for a letter grade. Non-engineering students may take the course for either letter or S/U.Outcomes
- Identify and evaluate different types of renewable energy resources available in nature.
- Analyze renewable energy conversion devices for technical, economic, and ecological performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the connection between ecological/social policy objectives and the deployment of renewable energy to meet human needs and improve quality of life.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: CEE 4210
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR To Be Assigned
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: