- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The purpose of this course is to provide a general knowledge of the use of Revit to document and model all of the major architectural elements of a commercial project. You will learn the design and detailing aspects of commercial buildings including floor plans, interior and exterior elevations, wall and building sections, schedules, and construction drawing set. Lab assignments will be created utilizing Revit (latest version).
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Priority given to: CEE structural mechanics M.Eng students.
- Students will have a basic knowledge of considerations involved in the preliminary design of small commercial buildings.
- Students will be able to use the college's architectural BIM system to create a three-dimensional building model.
- Students will be able to use the college's architectural BIM system to create construction drawings for a commercial building, including architectural floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, sections, and elevations. Graduate students will be able to use the college's architectural BIM system to create structural framing plans.
- Students will be able to develop an architectural design and create a set of construction documents for a small commercial building, included in the set are architectural floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, sections, and elevations. Graduate students will be required to create foundation and structural framing plans.
- Students will be able to present the proposed design to the class, with oral explanations.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: CEE 3790
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Carpenter Hall 104 blue
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.