- Schedule of Classes - June 24, 2022 7:28PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 24, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This introductory course in masonry design will discuss the materials of masonry construction and their incorporation into building components and structural systems. The course will focus on behavior and explore how masonry structures are analyzed and designed. The course will cover reinforced and unreinforced masonry, wall behavior under in-plane and out-of-plane lateral loading, masonry performance under environmental conditions, and other topics.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CEE 3710 or permission of instructor.
- Understand masonry as a material; its limitations, strengths, and applications.
- Apply engineering principles to understand the behavior and analysis of masonry.
- Understand the limit states and their impact on performance of masonry in service conditions.
- Describe the behavior of material assemblies with respect to differential movement, water permeability, thermal properties, acoustical properties, fire resistance.
- Explore masonry and its application on Cornell's Ithaca campus.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW To Be Assigned
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: