- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
By interacting with consultants from the Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU) and their clients, students will learn to provide statistical consulting to researchers from a variety of disciplines. Students will gain experience in choosing and implementing appropriate statistical procedures as well as communicating effectively to understand the client's problem and to explain methodology and results to non-statisticians.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: STSCI 7170 and BTRY 7180.
- Integrate the statistical knowledge gained in courses and apply them to "real life" problems.
- Learn to communicate effectively with clients to gather the information needed to make the link between the research questions to be addressed and the statistical methods.
- Research the application of statistical methodologies that are useful to clients and explain them to an audience of non-statisticians.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- R Comstock Hall-Academic II B108
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: A one year sequence of statistics courses which covers probability, linear and generalized linear models, multilevel/mixed models and some multivariate methods. For example, STSCI 7170 and BTRY 7180.
Disabled for this roster.