- Schedule of Classes - August 13, 2022 7:29PM EDT
- Course Catalog - August 13, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
In-depth discussions of career choices for academic biologists to empower them to manage their careers. Topics to be covered insclude developing strong CVs, personal statements, public speaking and interviw skills, competing for postdoctoral, faculty and other professional positions, interviewing, dual careers, where to publish, grand administration, dealing with editors, tenure promotion and other issues. Workshops will include panel discussions with postdocs, former NBB graduates and faculty members.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Intended for graduate students, post A exam preferred.
Comments Postdoctoral fellows may audit with permission of instructor.Outcomes
- To prepare professional documents (CVs, resumes, personal statements) needed to compete for internships, jobs and other forms of professional advancement.
- To improve in public speaking, networking, job negotiation and other skills essential to professional job interviews.
- To be exposed to a broad spectrum of professional options and opportunities for PhD biologists, including but not limited to academic research and teaching positions, government, bio/health related industry, publishing, non-profit organizations, etc. through interactive panel discussions with present and former Cornell scientists.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- T Corson-Mudd W364
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: Intended for graduate students, post A-Exam preferred. Postdoctoral fellows may audit with permission of instructor.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: