- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The ability to communicate effectively is essential for success as a scientist. The primary goal of this course is to provide students with an opportunity to develop self-confidence and refine their formal oral presentation skills. Students are asked to present topical seminars that are critically evaluated by the instructor. Feedback for improving the presentation and peer evaluations are emphasized.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students in Microbiology.
Satisfies Requirement Requirement for graduate students in graduate field of microbiology for first two semesters; third semester optional.Outcomes
- Read, analyze and critically evaluate the information in articles from the current microbiology literature.
- Organize and understand microbiology research reports well enough to discuss the information and to present it to a diverse audience.
- Explore the practice and theory of science communication, focusing on the major mechanisms (written and oral).
- Practice and improve these communication skills.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F Wing Hall 406
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Requirement for graduate students in graduate field of microbiology for first two semesters. Third semester optional.
Disabled for this roster.