- Schedule of Classes - July 1, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 1, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
BIOMG 6330 covers selected aspects of the molecular biology and biochemistry of DNA metabolism. Topics include DNA replication, genetic recombination, DNA repair, DNA transposition, somatic hypermutation, and DNA editing technologies. Students will become familiar with this work by reading papers that include genetic, biochemical, structural, and computational biology approaches. A course in biochemistry is required, and some training in genetics is highly recommended. I will assume some knowledge of the basic principles of molecular biology.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300, or BIOMG 3330, or BIOMG 3350, or BIOMG 3310/BIOMG 3320. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2800.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fundamentals of DNA metabolism and how it is coordinated with other processes in the cell.
- Apply quantitative reasoning from the basic principles of physical, chemical and biochemical sciences to solve problems in the areas described in Objective 1.
- Communicate the fundamental concepts of DNA metabolism both in written and oral formats.
- Critically analyze and criticize data from journal articles, and propose additional experiments.
- Reconstruct experimental approaches by reading scientific abstracts that describe an exciting finding in DNA metabolism.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Kennedy Hall 213
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300, or BIOMG 3330, or BIOMG 3350, or BIOMG 3310/BIOMG 3320. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2800.
Or send this URL: