- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Thirteen units that cover protein structure and function, enzymes, basic metabolic pathways, DNA, RNA, protein synthesis, and an introduction to recombinant DNA techniques. No formal lectures, auto-tutorial format.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course and one year general chemistry and any of the following organic chemistry courses: CHEM 1570, or CHEM 3530, or CHEM 3570, or CHEM 3590, or equivalent, or permission of instructor. Recommended corequisite: BIOMG 3340.
- Students will be able to discuss and describe in writing: The structure and function of biologically important macromolecules, the general catalytic and regulatory mechanisms of enzymes, the energetics, organization, and regulation of metabolic pathways, the mechanisms underlying DNA replication, DNA repair, transcription and its regulation, and translation (protein synthesis), the techniques used to study proteins, membranes, and nucleic acids.
- Students will be able to think analytically and use quantitative reasoning to solve biochemical problems.
- Students will be able to formulate conclusions based on the analysis of biochemical experimental results.
- Students will be able to recognize that the advancement of knowledge is facilitated by collaboration between individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and beliefs.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BIOMG 3300
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Stimson Hall 107
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course and one year general chemistry and any of the following organic chemistry courses: CHEM 1570, or CHEM 3530, or CHEM 3570, or CHEM 3590, or equivalent, or permission of instructor. Recommended corequisite: BIOMG 3340.Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade. No formal lectures, auto-tutorial format.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: