- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
BIOMG 4982 gives students who have successfully served as a BIOMG 3300 Teaching Assistant (as part of BIOMG 4981) a second opportunity at teaching the class and the added privilege of assisting the course instructor in leading and mentoring the incoming teaching assistant group. In addition to the required leadership responsibilities, students in BIOMG 4982 are required to review the material on a weekly basis and to spend six hours per week in the Biochemistry Study Center. Teaching Leaders are evaluated based on observations made during their Study Center shifts, as well as on the mid-term and end-of-semester course evaluations.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 4981.
- Students will demonstrate a deeper-level understanding of the concepts in BIOMG 3300.
- Students will become skilled at creating and maintaining a comfortable working environment for diverse groups of learners.
- Students will become proficient in active listening techniques and they will learn how to tailor their questions to probe different levels of knowledge (remembering, applying, etc.).
- Students will be able to clearly and effectively articulate responses to student questions on BIOMG 3300 course concepts.
- Students will learn to grade student quizzes carefully and impartially and they will appreciate the importance of handling sensitive student quiz records ethically.
- Students will work in small groups to solve course-related problems and they will function as a team to efficiently manage a fast-paced Study Center.
- Students will learn how to become effective leaders and mentors.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1-4 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: Independent Studies
Prerequisite: successfully served as a BIOMG 3300 Teaching Assistant or equivalent. Students must complete application process to be considered for enrollment. Contact Instructor for information.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: