- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
BIOMG 4981 offers training and experience for undergraduate teaching assistants in BIOMG 3300 (Introductory Biochemistry: Individualized Instruction). Teaching assistants are required to complete a weekly written assignment, attend a weekly two-hour TA training meeting and to spend six hours per week in the Biochemistry Study Center answering student questions, grading written quizzes, and administering oral quizzes. Teaching Assistants are evaluated based on the quality of written work submitted, observations at the weekly meetings and Study Center shifts, as well as on the mid-term and end-of-semester course evaluations.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300, or BIOMG 3330, or BIOMG 3350, or BIOMG 3310 and BIOMG 3320.
- Students will demonstrate a deeper-level understanding of the concepts in BIOMG 3300.
- Students will become skilled at creating and maintaining a comfortable working environment for diverse groups of learners.
- Students will become proficient in active listening techniques and they will learn how to tailor their questions to probe different levels of knowledge (remembering, applying, etc.).
- Students will be able to clearly and effectively articulate responses to student questions on BIOMG 3300 course concepts.
- Students will learn to grade student quizzes carefully and impartially and they will appreciate the importance of handling sensitive student quiz records ethically.
- Students will work in small groups to solve course-related problems and they will function as a team to efficiently manage a fast-paced Study Center.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1-4 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- W Warren Hall B50
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: previous enrollment in course to be taught or equivalent. Students must complete application process to be considered for enrollment. Contact Instructor for information.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: