- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
General introduction to the fundamental principles of genetics in eukaryotes and bacteria. Topics include: gene transmission, linkage, recombination, structure, mutations, and manipulation, as well as analysis of genomes in individuals and populations.
When Offered Fall, Spring, Summer.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one college-level introductory biology course or equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will not receive credit for both BIOMG 2800 and NTRES 2830.
Distribution Category (BIO-AS, PBS-AS)
Comments Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade. Weekly problem solving sessions are strongly recommended.Outcomes
- Describe basic principles of inheritance, gene expression, and genomic structure in the context of biological evolution.
- Think analytically and creatively about the applications of basic principles of inheritance and gene expression to interpretations of naturally occurring and experimental biological phenomena.
- Know how genetics provides an experimental approach that can be used to investigate almost any aspect of biology.
- Develop an appreciation that genetics is important to future progress in medical sciences.
- Develop problem solving skills employing logical thought.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Klarman Hall KG70
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
One college level introductory biology course or equivalent, or permission of the instructor. Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade. Weekly problem solving sessions (time to be announced) strongly recommended.
Or send this URL: