- Schedule of Classes - December 6, 2022 7:31PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 6, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Laboratories and field trips devoted to studies of the biological, chemical, and physical properties of lakes and other freshwater environments. Exercises focus on understanding the freshwater environment, on experimentation, and on understanding ecological processes within lakes.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Field trip fee: $20 for food.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: BIOEE 4570.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
Comments One weekend field trip. Optional vertebrate dissection (fish) during a portion of the weekend field trip.Outcomes
- Use routine limnological methods to sample the physical, chemical, and biological parameters of lakes and ponds.
- Use microscopy to examine aquatic phytoplankton, zooplankton, and macroinvertebrates, with familiarity on identification and taxonomic counts.
- Perform basic statistical analyses and data visualization using R.
- Effectively communicate research findings through scientific writing and an oral presentation.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one laboratory and one field studies.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Stimson Hall 316
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite or corequisite: BIOEE 4570. Fee for food on field trip: $20. One weekend field trip. Optional vertebrate dissection (fish) during a portion of the weekend field trip.
Or send this URL: