- Schedule of Classes - July 1, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 1, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Various American Indian civilizations and European cultures have altered the landscape to meet the needs of their cultures. Students learn how to interpret the Euro-American landscapes of a buried village excavated by Cornell students. The students will identify and date artifacts, stud soil samples, and create site maps.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Breadth Requirement (HB)
Distribution Category (HA-AS, HST-AS)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Integration of Writing, Visual Representation and/or Speaking Presentation Skills. The artifact research reports will be a measure the students writing and visual presentation skills. The presentation to the park staff and to the Friends of Robert H. Treman State Park will measure the students public speaking, visual representation, and presentation skills. The take-home exam will also measure the students' skills in writing.
- Develop a disciplinary literacy through history, theory, and contemporary issues/ practice. The take-home exam will test/measure the student's understanding of the archaeological literature and contemporary practice in American historical archaeology.
- Develop knowledge of and ability to identify, date, and catalogue historical artifacts. The two laboratory exams will test the students' abilities and knowledge of this material.
- Develop research skills. The research paper will measure the student's ability to describe examine, evaluate, and analyze historical artifacts.
- Develop multicultural perspectives. The readings and the work with our community partners will enable the students to be exposed to multicultural perspectives. The final exam on the readings will test the students' ability to compare and contrast archaeological evidence of cultural diversity.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: LA 2620
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- F McGraw Hall B65
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: