- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Students will explore avenues for careers in research. Course exercises will help students define their interests and identify career paths, employment opportunities and programs for post-graduate study. They will assess their qualifications to identify ways to improve their preparation for a research career. Students will gain experience in skills such as writing a resume and personal statement, developing contacts to serve as professional references and preparing for an interview. They will obtain practice delivering a research seminar and writing a research proposal. Each stage of the research career will be discussed.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: 20 credit hours in science and/or technology courses.
Distribution Category (OPHLS-AG)
- Students will be able to evaluate their interests in various careers that include research.
- Students will be able to assess whether they are on a path to acquire the skills needed to pursue a career in research.
- Students will be able to discover potential routes to train for a career in research.
- Students will be able to present themselves professionally in applications for research positions.
- Students will be able to prepare a resume and personal statement.
- Students will be able to investigate a scientific topic of interest and identify unanswered questions to formulate a short research proposal.
- Students will be able to design and present a seminar on a scientific topic of interest.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BIOMS 4400
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Morrison Hall 163
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: 20 credit hours in science and/or technology courses.
Disabled for this roster.