- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
The course is an intensive 8-10 day study trip designed for exposure to a variety of dairy related agricultural production approaches in the country of interest. Topics will include: dairy management, environmental regulations, profitability, related government support programs and the role of the culture's impact on production.
When Offered Multi-semester course: (Fall).
Fees Field trip fee: TBA.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: juniors and seniors in Animal Science/Dairy Management.
Course Attribute (CU-ITL)
Comments Multi-semester course, students must complete ANSC 3560, ANSC 3561, ANSC 3562 for a final grade.Outcomes
- Students will be able to describe the economics and conditions surrounding milk production and consumer expectations and compare this to the U.S.
- Students will be able to recognize and explain resource limitations for dairy production systems and provide context for that relative to future food production within the structure observed.
- Students will be able to analyze dairy food production systems and contrast that with the U.S. system.
- Students will be able to describe the impact of government support for agriculture development and compare that with current U.S. policy.
- Students will gain an appreciation for the diversity of production systems and be able to describe the role agriculture plays in meeting the energy needs of the country and how that integrates with "green energy" policies.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Van Amburgh, M
Instruction Mode: In Person
Multi-semester course, students must complete ANSC 3560, ANSC 3561, ANSC 3562 for a final grade. Enrollment preference given to: juniors and seniors in Animal Science/Dairy Management. Field trip fee: TBA.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.