- Schedule of Classes - March 30, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 30, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
In Wisconsin and Ohio, farmers are dumping thousands of gallons of fresh milk into ponds and manure pits. In California, farmers are plowing under thousands of acres of lettuce and perfectly ripe strawberries. Months after concerns about shortages in grocery stores shoppers are still scrambling to find the last box of pasta or roll of toilet paper. It is Cyber Monday every day at retailers like Amazon.com, Walmart, Target, and Kroger as they struggle to meet the surge in demand. Could CoVID-19 be the black swan event that finally forces many companies, and entire industries, to rethink and transform their global supply chain model?
When Offered Fall.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Students will be able to describe supply chain (network) components, processes, objectives, drivers and performance metrics.
- Students will be able to discuss why SCM concepts are relevant to other business functional areas.
- Students will undertake basis analyses of sourcing and purchasing of raw materials or finished goods for re-sale.
- Students will be able to apply basic demand forecasting tools as one component of demand planning (demand management) to support decision-making in supply chains, and to evaluate forecast information provided to you by others.
- Students will be able to develop and interpret basic Sales & Operations Plans (Aggregate Plans) used to determine production schedules in many organizations.
- Students will develop and interpret basic business process analyses and related diagrams and use them for SCM process improvement.
- Students will be able to describe lean manufacturing and sustainability issues and their importance in supply chains.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 3270
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Warren Hall B75
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: