- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2021 7:41PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course will start with a brief refresher on the command line and programming basics as well as data and code management best practices. Students will be given an introduction to machine learning including supervised learning, test validation, learning via gradient methods, neural networks, logistic regression, deep learning, and parameter optimization. Applications of these methods to problems in the plant sciences will be reviewed. In-class problems, hack-a-thons, and a final team presentation will enable students to apply the methods learned to questions in plant science.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students. Undergraduates must obtain permission of instructor.
Comments This module can be taken independently of PLSCI 7201 and PLSCI 7203.Outcomes
- Implement data and code management best practices.
- Apply proper programming techniques and ML principles to real data, avoiding common pitfalls.
- Conduct integrative research with scientists across disciplinary boundaries.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Plant Science Building 114
- Oct 4 - Nov 5, 2021
De Sa, C
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to graduate students. Undergraduates must obtain permission of instructor (gdm67).
Or send this URL: