- Schedule of Classes - June 17, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 17, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course will provide students with knowledge of different hemp production systems for fiber, grain and cannabinoids. Students will gain an understanding of field, controlled environment, greenhouse, and high-tunnel production systems. Topics covered will include hemp physiology, agronomy, cultivation methods, cultivar selection, seed science, nutrition and fertility, harvest methods and post-harvest storage.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: PLSCI 4190.
- Describe basic hemp physiology and nutritional needs.
- Design and implement outdoor agricultural production systems used to grow hemp for fiber or grain.
- Design and implement outdoor agricultural production systems used to grow hemp for cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Design and implement controlled environment agricultural production systems used to grow hemp for cannabinoids and terpenes.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWPlant Science Building 114
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: