- Schedule of Classes - June 17, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 17, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
The purpose of this course is to demonstrate that Plant Sciences students will have met all learning outcomes in the major prior to graduation by documenting relevant in-class and co-curricular activities. Preparatory work will include observing and learning from a diversity of presentations in preparation for taking PLSCI 4950. The basis for evaluation will be an ePortfolio that the student develops. It will contain the following elements: a personal profile, career goals and exploration, leadership experiences, a current resume, examples of how the learning outcomes for the major have been met, and summaries of 14 plant-related seminars that the student has attended while at Cornell. The evaluation and assignment of a grade will be made by the student's advisor using a common rubric across the major. Ideally, students will enroll in this course in the second-to-last semester so any deficiencies can be addressed prior to graduation.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Plant Sciences majors.
- Acquire a broad grasp of current research across the Plant Science disciplines.
- Communicate how knowledge gained in seminars integrates with concepts acquired in previous coursework.
- Demonstrate interdisciplinary competency and mastery of the Plant Sciences's learning outcomes by documenting one's scholarship, training, and experience in an ePortfolio.
- Observe different scientific presentations and discern which factors contribute to an effective presentation.
- Build a stronger relationship with one's faculty advisor.
- Further develop a professional trajectory, including a resume and deeper career exploration.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Or send this URL: