- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2021 7:41PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is designed to guide Plant Sciences majors in developing career goals around an out-of-classroom experience, in reflecting on that experience, and in recording that experience in the student's ePortfolio. To that end, students will draw up a set of learning outcomes for an internship, research opportunity or extension experience in the Plant Sciences, which must be approved by the course advisor before the experience begins. The student must then develop a critical reflection on that experience and upload it into one's ePortfolio.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Plant Sciences majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PLSCI 1110 or permission of DUS.
Comments This course may be taken concurrently with or after PLSCI 2990, PLSCI 4960 or PLSCI 4990, although enrollment in a formal, credit-bearing research or internship experience course is not required. The student's faculty advisor for PLSCI 4900 can be any member of the SIPS faculty.Outcomes
- Establish the goals/learning outcomes for the internship, research or extension experience before beginning the work.
- Evaluate the completed internship, research or extension experience as a complement to required and elective courses.
- Reflect on how the experience has provided new insights into the plant sciences and how it contributes to career goals.
- Articulate the internship or research experience for a lay audience.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Or send this URL: