- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Discover the ways in which plants can be used in or as art (e.g., living sculpture, woven branch, and more) and as a subject of art (e.g., botanical illustration, painting, and more). Explore the relationship between plants and art to develop a distinctive lens through which to view the world. Foster keen observation skills and an understanding of the principles of design and presentation in living forms. This course offers a reflective exploration into self, the classroom, our campus community, and the world by engaging with the plant world in a creative context. Requirements include participation in studio, reflective writing and creative project work.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: $35 for materials.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Think about it: identify, describe and reflect on contemporary perspectives and historical influences in the art and horticulture arena.
- Look around you: closely observe the plant world, the garden, nature, and our relationship with all of it. Notice the processes happening in the plant world and learn to perceive them more sensitively: growth and decay, the flow of water, the changes of light and the season, and the numerous ways in which plants can be used to influence, or to be made into, art.
- Express yourself: move outside your familiar comfort zone to engage in self-expression, and discover the ways in which creative exploration can positively impact the way you feel.
- Contribute: consider how engaging in art and horticulture can make you a better world citizen, and how horticultural art be employed to impact the consciousness of the public.
- Make it: figure out the "mechanics" and horticultural challenges required to create a final project, a work of art all your own.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Students who do not attend the first class or provide prior notice to instructor of their absence from first class will be dropped from the instructor's roster.
Or send this URL: