- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to expand their knowledge and understanding of the key leadership skills required for success in today's volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous business world. It will build on the skills discussed in NCC 5040 Leading Teams and Managing and Leading Organizations, through discussion and interaction with an experienced practitioner and former leader of the United States Army. The course will be comprised of four modules: 1) Leadership Principles for a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous World; 2) Developing and Communicating Vision and Strategy; 3) Setting Conditions for Success; and, 4) Character and Leadership.
When Offered Fall.
- Assess the four critical dimensions of your operating environment (internal, external, competitive, and relationship) and identify potential vulnerabilities in and opportunities for your organization in each of these areas.
- Define the elements of an effective business strategy in a VUCA world so you can clearly communicate your own business strategy.
- Evaluate and describe three ways to build commitment to a common goal and use those techniques to outline a plan that cultivates buy-in from your team or organization.
- Formulate a plan that specifies how you intend to create or strengthen inclusiveness in your environment and achieve your vision and strategy as a result.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Sep 26 - Oct 30, 2021
- F Online Meeting
- Oct 8, 2021
- F Online Meeting
- Oct 29, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment limited to Sloan MHA and EMHA students.
Disabled for this roster.