- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Explores (1) the theoretical foundation of organizational theory, research, and human resource management with an emphasis on implementation; (2) real-world problems while analyzing, exploring, and discussing varied interpretations of selected cases; (3) the building blocks of managerial activity, internal organizational issues, performance issues related to organization design, and strategic issues. Key organizational change and development concepts enhance students' perspectives on how the theories, strategies, and practices relate to today's organizations. The course serves as a framework to establish the theory and the conceptual and competency foundations necessary for applying interventions.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 5570.
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of organizational development and change.
- Critically examine the implications of the theories discussed.
- Understand the many facets of organizational dynamics and how change impacts stakeholders.
- Understand the relationship of executive teams, organizational change and organizational design.
- To understand recruitment and selection and job analysis and design.
- To know how to manage groups and teams.
- To understand issues related to sexual harassment and diversity as well as employee and employer rights.
- Understand the importance of motivating and leading people and groups.
- To be able to chart the future and evaluate performance of individuals, groups, and processes.
- Understand the ways in which organizational structure and technology influence how organizations learn and change.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Warren Hall 173
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Priority enrollment for Sloan students.
Disabled for this roster.