- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course provides students with a hands-on understanding of how to make the best use of the data available within a healthcare setting to improve patient care, healthcare operations and overall healthcare system. Students will be expected to complete case studies and hands on analysis with healthcare data. Throughout the course students will learn basic and intermediate SQL concepts and methods as well as data visualization with Tableau. The course will be taught through a combination of lectures, guest speakers, cases, hands-on assignments and a two-day intensive 'health IT trek'.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Field trip fees: approximately $100 for dinner costs (breakfast and lunch provided); approximately $250 for lodging (for non-Sloan students). Bus transportation provided for all students.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: second year Sloan students or permission of Sloan Program Assistant, Shannon Lupo.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 2350 or equivalent, and PAM 5690 or PAM 3100.
- Become familiar with fundamental concepts of how to define, measure and evaluate the quality ofmedical care.
- Gained an understanding of the role of policies, management strategies, and health IT in facilitatingQuality Improvement (QI).
- Developed a general understanding of organizational issues involved in performing QI and common barriers to the effective deployment of policy, management strategies and health IT.
- Improve your skills in problem solving, succinct verbal and written communication, and working with others in diverse groups.
- Gained knowledge about organizational behaviors and their impact on QI effectiveness.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one field studies. Combined with: PAM 5643
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Mann Library 160
- Aug 26 - Oct 4, 2021
- M Mann Library 160
- Oct 25 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Hybrid-Online and In Person
Enrollment limited to Sloan students only.
Disabled for this roster.