- Schedule of Classes - June 20, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 20, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Project course to research, design, build, develop, and compete with a Formula SAE car for intercollegiate competition. Students work in interdisciplinary teams using concurrent engineering and systems engineering principles applied to complex mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic systems.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Engineering juniors and seniors or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
- Students will have learned and be able to apply mathematical, engineering, and communication skills and tools. Be able to solve problems, and function in a professional environment. Be able to learn how to learn information not covered in formal courses one has taken.
- Be able to design vehicles that will win the Formula SAE competition. This requires an engineering systems view: consider the customers, requirements, functions, structure and implementation. To learn how to maximize the points the team will win in the competition: trading off cost, time, technology, training, etc.
- Developed an enjoyment of engineering and the team.
- Have created conditions for future teams to be able to win via learning how to utilize engineering research and knowledge engineering.
Project Session Full.
Credits and Grading Basis
3-4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
For Junior and Senior FSAE Team members only, 3 credits; Team Leaders may take up to 4 credits. Enrollment request form can be found at www.mae.cornell.edu/academics/forms.
Or send this URL: