- Schedule of Classes - June 21, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 21, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course discusses the health status of minorities in the United States. Explores intra-group diversity such as migration, economic status, and the influence of culture and the environment on the health status, access to health care and utilization of health services. Special attention to Latino and other minority populations.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS, SCD-AS, SSC-AS)
- Identify basic epidemiological concepts and data collection measures of health outcomes by race/ethnicity.
- Assess how ethnicity/race, social class, gender, and most broadly, power affect both the health system and the well-being of special populations with analytical skills.
- Differentiate the health profile among subgroups of the immigrant population, revise the measures of acculturation and evaluate its impact of health.
- Critique health reports, journal health articles, and media reports on health issues.
- Discuss health professions, health research, and health services aimed to Latino and other ethnic populations.
Or send this URL: