- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This studio explores the application of urban design and landscape urbanism techniques to the problems and opportunities of contemporary city making. The studio investigates the social, cultural, natural, and infrastructural systems of urban environments, and develops integrated spatial design strategies involving water quality, public space, and flooding infrastructure. The course introduces three-dimensional computer modeling and digital design media as tools for urban design.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: approximately $250 for supplies; required field trip fee: approximately $50.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments Must have a grade of C- or better to advance to next studio in sequence.Outcomes
- Develop a disciplinary literacy through landscape history, theory and contemporary practices.
- Demonstrate ability to engage landscape as community at urban scales through complex programs and design approaches.
- Students shall be able to develop 3-dimensional digital models at advanced level of skill.
- Students shall be able to collect and assess data related to urban communities.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Or send this URL: