- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This studio focuses on the integration of theory and practice in landscape architecture at the urban scale. Urban design methods, morphology, and strategies are introduced and design and planning concepts applied to city-scaled projects including community engagement. Students are engaged in contemporary urban design strategies and methodologies on real-life projects in a metropolitan area.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: approximately $250 for supplies; field trip fee: approximately $250.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments Must have a grade of C- or better to advance to next studio in sequence.Outcomes
- Students will become familiar with and gain confidence in the design process as a method for solving site planning problems.
- Students will gain the ability to identify, analyze, and evaluate on-site and adjacent systems (both natural and man-made) and their interactions.
- Students will be able to develop conceptual designs through three-dimensional models and quick sketches.
- Students will be able to expand conceptual design models into spatially defined and refined site plans.
- Students will develop graphic and computer skills to clearly communicate design intent.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one laboratory and one studio.
Credits and Grading Basis
5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: