- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Introduces students to the Communication and Information Technologies focus area of the communication department and the Human Systems track for information science. It examines several approaches to understanding technology and its role in human behavior and society. Topics include psychological aspects of computer-mediated communication; how design plays a role in the way we interface with technology and collaborate with each other; and the ways in which communication technology is situated inside social and institutional structures and cultural formations.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS, ETM-AS)
- Students will be able to evaluate (both existing and hypothetical) communication technologies using principles of user-centered design.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on individual behavior and personal well-being.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on collective behavior and effectiveness.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: COMM 2450
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: