- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 18, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Builds on the prerequisite courses of financial accounting and financial reporting. Topics include applications of discounting techniques, evaluation of capital expenditures, estimation of cost of capital, bond and stock valuation, portfolio theory, asset-pricing models, and capital-structure decisions. The course emphasizes valuation skills as a means to bring together the cost of capital, financing, and operating issues faced by a firm. Students come to understand the financial impact of managerial decisions, know how to differentiate decisions that increase the value of a firm, and know how to properly evaluate investment and financing decisions. They also learn standard techniques of financial analysis, such as discounted cash-flow valuation, capital budgeting, risk analysis, and estimation of the cost of debt and equity.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: MMH students or permission of instructor.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies MMH core.Outcomes
- Students will critically evaluate a hospitality management problem and formulate a solution based on principles from a least two management disciplines.
- Students will analyze a management situation within a global hospitality context and defend a course of action.
- Students will create professional-quality written business documents.
- Students will plan and deliver a professional-quality oral presentation.
- Students will demonstrate effective behaviors within a diverse team based on their analysis of team needs.
- Students will recognized and distinguish the ethical dimensions of a business decision.
- Students will evaluate the ethical consequences of their business decisions on various stakeholders.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: