- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 18, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course is designed to address the key operations and logistical issues that have strategic as well as tactical implications for the hospitality and related service-sector companies. In this course we will address how a well-defined operations strategy can lead to a set of coherent managerial decisions and improve corporate performance. Several world-class firms have demonstrated that efficient operations management can become a potent competitive weapon in even the toughest business environments. We will examine both quantitative and qualitative operational techniques and principles used by "world-class" organizations from the United States and abroad.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: MMH students or permission of instructor.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies MMH Core.Outcomes
- Students will critically evaluate a hospitality management problem and formulate a solution based on principles from a least two management disciplines.
- Students will analyze a management situation within a global hospitality context and defend a course of action.
- Students will plan and deliver a professional-quality oral presentation.
- Students will demonstrate effective behaviors within a diverse team based on their analysis of team needs.
- Students will evaluate the ethical consequences of their business decisions on various stakeholders.
- Students will demonstrate in-depth expertise in a self-selected area of the hospitality industry.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: