- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Designed for students in all FSAD options. Explores the relationship between materials and design with a concentration on the use of innovative textile materials in apparel. Both aesthetic and functional issues are addressed. The course consists of a combination of lectures, discussion of readings, oral reports, a research paper, and project work. The class engages elders from the local community to solve real-life problems using design thinking methodologies.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: seniors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1360 and FSAD 2370.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Understand technical specifications for fibrous materials.
- Select appropriate materials for specific performance requirements.
- Perform calculations regarding fiber and fabric properties and predict the properties of these materials under specific conditions.
- Learn to present project information graphically in a poster format as well as orally.
- Perform reverse engineering studies on fibrous materials and propose technical and design solutions to performance issues.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
This course is limited to Seniors.
Or send this URL: