- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course is a project-based course in which design students and non-design students collaborate to develop a wearable interface to seek solutions to real-world design challenges through an iterative design process and the use of electronics operated by programming.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: $120.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: for Design students-FSAD 2660 or DEA 1150 and DEA 2200 or submission of portfolio. For non-design students-CS 1110.
- Students will understand human factors, principles, and methods for wearable product design.
- Students will explore smart materials and embedded digital technologies, including micro-controllers.
- Students will develop an interactive smart clothing responding to human need through design and programming process.
- Students will evaluate the effectiveness of the wearable interface.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRHuman Ecology Building 121
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: