- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course covers the design and production of weft knit fabrics using manual flat knitting machines and programmable electronic machines. Students will explore the aesthetics of knit patterns, the shaping of knit pieces, the mechanics of knitting, and the potential of programming for knit design.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Lab fee: $150.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 2370.
- Understand both the aesthetic and performance qualities of basic knit fabric stitch structures.
- Understand the basic mechanics and vocabulary of knit machines.
- Able to translate visual research from sketchbook, swatch exploration and mood boards into knitwear garments.
- Able to program simple patterns on a computer driven knitting machine.
- Understand various yarn types and fibers in relation to knit fabrics and their perspective end uses.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRHuman Ecology Building T45
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: