- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Studio experience in the surface design of textiles combined with exercises in color theory. Textile projects use techniques such as block printing, shibori, batik, silk painting, silk screen, and stitchery to produce a portfolio of textile designs. Studio work is augmented by lectures on pattern and color theory illustrated by slides and textile examples.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Lab fee: $250; cost of materials: minimum $100.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: FSAD Apparel Design majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: FSAD 1140 and FSAD 1350.
- Develop a better understanding of the principles of color in design.
- Apply these principles to the surface design of textiles.
- Use some of the basic techniques of textile surface design: silk screen; tied and stitched resist dyeing (shibori); textile to digital surface design; embroidery, and block printing.
- Be able to produce a surface designed length of yardage sufficient for a garment (4 yards).
- Develop portfolio presentations of surface design work.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWHuman Ecology Building 141
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: