- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course explores sustainability in the textile and apparel industries in relation to the 17 sustainability goals articulated by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Students will engage with industry challenges, practices and successes in increasing sustainability via case studies, research reports and corporate reports. Aspects of sustainability impacting personal welfare of producers and consumers, environmental impacts and economic potential will be explored.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: One science course and one economics course.
Distribution Category (CA-HE, PBS-HE, SBA-HE)
- Explain multiple aspects of sustainability for the textile, apparel and interior design industries.
- Use the UN sustainability goals to interpret sustainability claims articulated by products or companies.
- Compare sustainability program costs and benefits for specific products or companies.
Or send this URL: