- Schedule of Classes - June 17, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 17, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This is a graduate level seminar required of, and limited to, first semester graduate students in the Field of Entomology. The content focusses on professional development skills, including critical reading of scientific literature, oral and written presentation, and grant writing.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students in Entomology.
- Develop cohesion of the graduate cohort through teamwork and critical, but constructive, peer review.
- To be able to locate cutting-edge scientific literature relevant to the student's research and critically evaluate the methodology, interpretation of results, and presentation.
- To be able to present scientific results and analysis orally and in writing in a persuasive and engaging style.
- To be able to formulate a significant open question in the student's area of research, synthesize the relevant literature, develop a cogent research plan, and write a compelling grant proposal.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Requirement for: first year entomology graduate students.
Or send this URL: