- Schedule of Classes - November 25, 2021 7:40PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 25, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Provide undergraduate and graduate students a comprehensive examination of the biology and management of the major pests of grapevines, with an emphasis on viticulture in the eastern U.S. Where appropriate, this will include review of basic management principles as they apply to grape pests. Our emphasis will be on providing practical knowledge that will help prepare students for the real world of viticulture, within a scientific framework.
When Offered Fall.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the biology and impact of the major grape pests, including knowledge of life-cycle, phenology, symptoms in the field, impact on the crop, and techniques for monitoring or forecasting.
- Effectively describe the pluses and minuses of different management options for their control, including chemical, biological, and cultural approaches.
- Demonstrate integration of control tactics within and across the different types of pest.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Plant Science Building G09
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: