- Schedule of Classes - June 13, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Lectures and discussion focus on current research in marine ecosystems with an emphasis on processes unique to marine systems and current issues of ocean sustainability. A synthetic treatment of multiple levels of organization in the ocean including organismal, population, community, and ecosystems. Examples are drawn from all types of marine habitats, including polar seas, temperate coastal waters, and tropical coral reefs.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOEE 1610.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS, BIO-AS)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Understand how coral reefs work.
- Understand how microorganisms structure habitats.
- Understand role of major pelagic species.
- Read and discuss a research paper.
- Understand oceanographic processes.
- Understand biological/ecological processes.
- Prepare by reading scientific papers and then produce their own research proposal.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: