- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course explores the intersectional field of Hybrid Body Craft, which applies design, engineering, and social science research for hybridizing technology with body decoration practices. Examined through the lens of on-skin interfaces in Human-Computer Interaction and Wearable Computing, students will design Future Body Crafts of their choice through course projects. To be considered for enrollment, please fill out course enrollment survey: https://forms.gle/hRzurg2LTJypB2UVA and come to first class. Course fee $260 required for on-skin interface prototyping kit.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 2730, DEA 3510/DEA 6510 or DEA 4700/DEA 6700.
- Comprehend disciplines and fields: Develop an understanding of the state-of-the-art research in on-skin interfaces in Human-Computer Interaction and Wearable Computing.
- Apply multi-disciplinary perspectives: Identify and examine the relationship between design, technology, and the social sciences in conducting on-skin interface research.
- Think critically: Critique existing research, identify gaps in current investigations, pinpoint opportunities for future work.
- Innovate in research and design: Ideate, prototype, and build on-body interface projects in both individual and group settings.
- Write, speak and use visual communications effectively: Disseminate project results through verbal presentations, paper writeup, video production, and image representation.
Or send this URL: